I prepared these muffins in a whim and impulsive baking is perhaps the best baking experience I’ve ever heard. I baked a batch of these for my aunt with less than 45 minutes at hand. Cocoa, chocolate chips and walnuts – you gotta be a massive chocoholic to like these muffins. Pavan was my sous chef this time, carefully following my anal instructions step by step. We had a couple of set backs in the kitchen, but was the outcome worth it? I think so!
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 250 g caster sugar
- 50 g cocoa, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80 g chocolate chips
- 80 g walnuts, chopped
- 200 g Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Makes 21 muffins
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Line two 12-hole muffin tins with wrappers or you can bake them in two batches.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa and sugar. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time into the ricotta cheese using an electric beater. Now, add butter and continue to beat.
- Pour the milk and beat for a couple of minutes further. Add the vanilla essence and combine well.
- Pour the ricotta mixture into the flour mixture and fold well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes until the muffins are risen.